Privacy Compliant Controller for User Information
The advantages of creating a list of contacts that can be accessed in time of emery when they cannot be expended to provide the information coherently.
A format for collecting user information in a central location that could be used to pass information across state or other jurisdictional lines.
A means for the contact person to modify their own data and to know when they are part of a user's care plan. A contact can learn that their information that is included on this site using their email address.
A format that can be easily expanded to include other sources of user information or stipulations about their care, such as:
- Medical Directives (i.e. DNR-Do Not Resuscitate, Organ or Tissue Donation)
- Consent to share Emergency Medical or Contact Information
- Ability to read Driver's License or QR code directly to access User Information.
- Access to a Medical Records Locator Service that can point to places where the patient's records can be found.
Data use is limited to what the user wants others to see in emergency situations.
User Redress of Grievance and Recovery of Access to User Information requires that we have a email address to contact you.
Note: User Information includes data that you as well as from others have placed into the data record.
Also check out the Emergency Contact Information Use Case on the IDEF wiki.
If you want to participate in the test program, please see the site on Github where issue tracking and code are available.
This is a demo site, not all proposed functionality has yet been completed nor have robust security precautions been fully implemented. DO NOT USE THIS SITE for information that you do not want to be exposed. Please use test data and not real data in evaluating it.
Whenever an event occurs where emergency medical care is required and the patient is unconscious or not coherent.
- A motor vehicle accident.
- A patient from a vulnerable population based on age, trauma, language or other.
- Other incidents where a patient sustains injuries that make them non-responsive.
In these cases police or other responsible providers have a legal or moral responsibility to contact the next of kin, a friend, a community agency or an employer by any means necessary including:
- Search personal effects, cell phones when accessible.
- Medical alert bracelet, or other information on the person.
- Vechile registration information.